Aaron Cheak, PhD
Writer, researcher, designer,
publisher, translator, educator
Dr. Cheak offers world-class editing and design services. Straddling the rich borderlands between academia, æsthetics, and esotericism, Cheak’s overarching passion is to bring works of wisdom and beauty into the world. A scholar of comparative religion and philosophy by vocation, Dr. Cheak is also a professional translator of French and German, specialising in hermetic and poetic texts.
¶ Skilful means
Wordsmithing · Editing · Research · Scholarship
Publishing · Book design · Typography · Teaching
French translation · German translation · Web design
Conference organisation · Curriculum design · Consultation
Training and assessment · Personal tuition
¶ MAKING GOLD
¶ past and present
- Director, Lecturer, Ars Hieratica: Sacred Arts and Sciences (online learning) (2016)
- Founding Director, Editor-in-Chief, Rubedo Press (2014–present)
- Founding Editor of Diaphany: A Journal and Nocturne (Rubedo Press, 2015)
- President, Conference Convenor, and Events Manager, International Jean Gebser Society (2013–2015)
- Adjunct Professor, MA in Consciousness Studies, University of Philosophical Research, Los Angeles (2013–present)
- Author and editor, Alchemical Traditions: From Antiquity to the Avant-Garde (Numen Books, 2013)
- PhD, Religious Studies, University of Queensland, School of History, Philosophy, Religion, and Classics (HPRC) (2011)
- Course Convenor, Researcher, Compliance Officer, Career Accelerators/The Hypnotherapy College, Queensland, Australia (2008–2013)
- Writer, Editor, Researcher, Health and Harmony Colleges, Queensland, Australia (2008–2012)
- Tutor, University of Queensland (HPRC) (2005–2006)
- Australian Postgraduate Award Research Scholar, University of Queensland (HPRC) (2004–2007)
- BA, Hons (First Class), German/Religious Studies, University of Queensland (HPRC) (2000–2003)
¶ the alchemy of the word
As a published translator and scholar, I have a deep facility for highly detailed work grounded in solid philological research. This work has not only given me a keen sense of precision—linguistically, typographically, and intellectually—it has also given me the stamina to steer large, intricately detailed projects to their completion. To date, my translation work has predominantly taken place in the fields of philosophy, poetics, and esotericism.
The Indo-Europeans: Their Home of Origin, by Alain de Benoist (Arktos Press, forthcoming). Translated from the French.
Rilke and Spain, by Jean Gebser (Rubedo Press, forthcoming). Translated from the German and French.
‘The Symbolism of Hermeticism in the Work of Julius Evola’, by H. T. Hakl, in The Visual and the Symbolic in Western Esotericism, edited by Dr. Peter Forshaw (E. J. Brill, forthcoming). Translated from the German.
‘Notes on Hermeticism’, by René Schwaller de Lubicz. Translated from the French. [Read online].
¶ Typography & book design
For Rubedo Press.
William Lilly’s History of his Life and Times: 300th Anniversary Edition, introduced and annotated by Wade Caves, with a Foreword by Philip Graves (Rubedo Press, 2015)
Diaphany: A Journal and Nocturne, edited by Aaron Cheak, Sabrina Dalla Valle, and Jennifer Zahrt (Rubedo Press, 2015)
The Hermit: Enlightenment from the Gutter, by Gabriel D. Roberts; Hex Edition (Rubedo Press, 2015)
Architects of the Integral World, Conference Program (International Jean Gebser Society, 2015)
¶ memetic engineering
¶ postcards & peripherals
¶ At Your Service
Bring beauty, wisdom, and precision to your work.
Propose your project:
or click below for more info.